WDSD Geneva 2020
March 19, 2020 - March 20, 2020
Down Syndrome International (DSi) is organising another event at the United Nations headquarters in Geneva for World Down Syndrome Day 2020. We want to give people with Down syndrome an opportunity to speak up on the theme “We Decide” to members of the Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, government officials, and civil society representatives.
Please note that the date of the event is likely to be Thursday 19 March-Friday 20 March due to WDSD falling on a Saturday.
Self-advocates: What could you present about?
We are looking for self-advocates with Down syndrome to present at the event. The theme is ‘We Decide’. Here are some ideas for what you could present about:
- Times and places that you make decisions
- Important decisions that you make in your life
- Why is it important for you to make your own decisions
- Support you need to make good decisions
Thursday 19 March 2020 – Preparatory workshop
- Workshop for people with Down syndrome and their supporters only
- Location: Geneva, Switzerland
- Times: TBC
Friday 20 March 2020 – Side Event to the 23rd Session of the UN Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- Open event
- Location: Palais des Nations, Geneva, Switzerland (home of the United Nations in Geneva)
- Times: TBC
Please do not make any travel arrangements until we have confirmed that you have a place at the event!
Unfortunately we are unable to provide any financial assistance for participation in this event.
You can also follow the action at the WDSD Conferences in New York and Geneva on social media:
You can still watch the recordings from WDSD Geneva 2019 on the event page – WDSD Geneva 2019