World Down Syndrome Day is a great opportunity to raise funds to support people with Down syndrome.
Here are some simple steps to follow to raise funds on WDSD:
Decide what you are going to do
- Base your fundraiser around the theme World Down Syndrome Day;
- Order a resources pack by completing the form below – the pack includes posters, flyers, logos and helpful information;
- Decide what you would like to do:
- You may like to plan your own fundraising activity or event, e.g. run, cycle, coffee morning, cake sale, “Lots of Socks” day. Find inspiration here DSi FUNDRAISING IDEAS A-Z;
- You may like to launch a fundraising appeal on a charity’s behalf or make a donation;
- Or, you might like to take part in an event organised by someone else, e.g. a marathon. If so, apply for a place or contact us for advice.
Remember your event does not necessarily have to take place before or on 21 March to qualify as a WDSD event!
Choose a cause to support
- Decide where you want your money to go,
- donate to your local, regional or national Down syndrome charity; or
- donate to Down Syndrome International’s GLOBAL SUPPORT CAMPAIGN to improve the lives of people with Down syndrome around the world, or
- a combination of the above with your funds being split between a local cause and DSi.
- Contact all your chosen beneficiaries to let them know and ask for their help promoting your event.
Fundraising for DSi
If you are fundraising for DSi, the easiest way to help us is to raise funds for our GLOBAL SUPPORT CAMPAIGN
You can make an online donation or create a fundraising page (see below) at the campaign website page.
Or you can make an offline donation or raise funds for us offline. When you send us your funds we can still allocate these funds to the Global Support campaign if you request this.
Why does DSi need your support?
We need your help to continue our work improving the lives of people with Down syndrome around the world.
Every year our training and project work enables organisations worldwide to advocate for and support people with Down syndrome and their families.
We work hard to ensure every bit of money we receive goes towards improving the lives of people with Down syndrome.
You can find lots of information about our campaign at the DSi GLOBAL SUPPORT CAMPAIGN web page, including:
- examples of our projects;
- how we spend your money;
- even a project blog…
You can help us with any donation you can make. Or you can…
…Create a fundraising page for our campaign
The benefits of creating a page are that you can:
- Receive online donations;
- Promote your event (plus DSi will too);
- Show your support for DSi, and
- Allocate your funds to our project.
Get organised, promote and have fun
Whether you are taking part in an organised event, hosting your own event or simply launching an appeal, get yourself prepared, promote what you are doing to your friends, family, colleagues and others and then make sure you have fun.
Share your page on social media using the hashtag #WorldDownSyndromeDay.
Please contact our International Office if you have any further queries.
Good luck and thank you for your support!